ch-scene - Local 506 vs. Smoking

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: local506 AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Local 506 vs. Smoking
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 18:19:38 -0000

Although this discussion died down on here, it's still something I've
been battling on a regular basis at the club. Recently, by request of
the artist, we tried restricting smoking to the bar-area only, while
no smoking was allowed in the room where the artist performed. And it
worked really well - I got several comments about how (somehow!) the
smoke itself didn't infiltrate the smoke-less room (or likely, it did
so at ceiling-level, not head-level!) And this show was well-
attended, over 100 people.

Anyway, I'm seriously considering this as a permanent policy, but
looking for feedback before making this decision.

glenn / local 506

ps: Of course, all Summer I've been seriously considering adding wine,
updating our Reverbnation page, taking a vaction, among other things,
and they haven't happened yet (but Summer's not over!)