ch-scene - Re: mmmmmm, Durham

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: mmmmmm, Durham
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 19:50:52 -0500

Todd, you'd probably want to email or talk to Abby, as I doubt she has time to read this list. Or what would be even more effective would be to talk to Andy or Drew. They should be pretty easy to find, as they're busting their asses at Piedmont alldayandallnight on every day except for Tuesday.

Drew also occasionally posts to eGullet.

I don't necessarily think it's fair to attempt to engage them in conversation on this list, as they aren't participants here, and thus at best the "conversation" would be filtered 2nd/3rdhand and the potential for misquoting or being taken out of context would be pretty high.

I also think, if we're going to have this conversation about foie gras, that we shouldn't focus on a single local restaurant that has *just opened* and is owned in part by 2 *longtime* members of the local music community. They are far from alone, as a quick check of these menus should make clear:

http://www.nanasdurham.com/food-menu.php
http://www.chowhound.com/topics/show/336802#1976956
http://www.jibarra.net/triangle.area/entrantes.htm
http://www.bin54restaurant.com/menus/menus.html
http://www.bloomsburybistro.com/raleigh/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=3&MMN_position=3:3
http://www.fraziersbistro.com/menu.html
http://www.saintjacquesfrenchcuisine.com/dinnerwinter06.html

Ross

Todd Morman wrote:
"It's of the utmost importance to me not to ingest meat or dairy that has
been cruelly raised"

Have you talked to your chefs about your views? That's a pretty strong
statement above, and trying to convince them that foie gras is horribly
cruel isn't necessarily "imposing" your views.

todd fuck people who serve foie gras is also a strong statement morman