ch-scene - Re: mmmmmm, Durham

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Mz. Binge & Sir Beloved" <tofiatravels AT yahoo.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: mmmmmm, Durham
  • Date: 12 Dec 2006 16:02:03 -0800

hi everyone,

My first post and it has to be this...ah, well.
I think it is great that Durham is getting some new restaurant action,
and that Piedmont has veg options.

I agree that we need a low cost place for all us poor east-enders
here...I'm thinking $2 veggie burgers and home-cooked vegan food, with
$3 soy white russians. I'll open right behind McD's in that brick
building and have a bike-through, and cater particularly to drunken
cyclists. Not really, but that would be nice.

In any case, regarding the fois gras (duck liver pate), I realize
everyone has their own philosophies about food, but there are some
facts about it for consideration:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foie_gras. I'm sure most of you already
know something about this, but I thought I'd put it out there
cause...that crap is even more cruel than typical things like, um, hog
jowls and bowls.

Restaurant recommendations: I hereby demand (hope) that someone opens
up something just like this...:
http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Content?oid=16887. Only thing I
miss about Seatte. 'Cept for my grandma.

Thanks for reading.

--eleni