ch-scene - Re: mmmmmm, Durham

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Duncan Murrell <dvmurrell AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: mmmmmm, Durham
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 14:59:01 -0500

Mosquito Coast or Pacific Coast? And what do you think about cuisine of the interior? I'm partial to Tipitapian cuisine myself. (That which can be found at my favorite places along the west bank of the Tipitapa River, which all charge $6 too little and will be _so_ over by the time you get there.) I've heard the steaks of Lake Nicaragua bull shark are scrumptious, and typically done with fresh-squeezed acai fruit and baked in locally raised banana leaves soaked in the fat of the pig jowl.

It is not, despite appearances, Pile On Grady Day over here. I kid 'cause I love, and also 'cause I'm bored. Plus, he's smarter and has a more sophisticated palate than me, the bastard.