ch-scene - Re: Radio Stations across the country

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "rick sawyer" <rickbang AT gmail.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Radio Stations across the country
  • Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 09:19:22 -0400

http://destoria.bootp.duke.edu/djspace/plmanager/world/currentplaylist_xdu.php

> this and the xyc equivalent are amazingly useful.
>
> questions:
>
> whose work is this? yours? lisa's?

technically neither. it's something lisa and jason found that was
already written somewhere. lisa put in many, many hours customizing the
thing for wxdu, though, so it's definitely her baby at this point and
she deserves a lot of credit for it. jason played a role as well. i
have never touched the thing, myself. well, except to use it.

> as i was looking at it, i refreshed (the xyc version
> auto-refreshes) and it came back "dj offline." what's
> the cause of this? is this thing optional for the dj
> on duty?

it is currently mandatory. very few DJs are not using it, and those
who do not are most likely specialty show DJs. regular shift DJs not
using the playlister are fucking up.

> how far does the log roll back?

there is a link on the WXDU homepage that will bring you 10 days worth
of playlists. at the top of that page -- and every page with
playlister data -- there is a link to the archive, which is arranged
by DJ. early adopter DJs like rossi or me have archives going back as
far as march 2005. the general population started using the
playlister in july 2005.

rick

chris
--
http://spacelabstudio.com
my email address is 'chris' at above domain