ch-scene - Re: Radio Stations across the country

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Rossi <nospam AT spacelabstudio.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Radio Stations across the country
  • Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 14:21:13 -0400

bendy wrote:

tommy Gibson wrote:

I have a strange feeling I've just fallen prey to some crafty viral marketing scheme but, yes,

Kutchma must be the most buried street-teamer ever...

Has anyone seen this?

http://www.yes.com/index.php

So are they slurping the online playlisters of WXDU, WXYC? Guesses as to how they're doing this? Run-DMC is number 3 on the WXDU charts.

If they were slurping the playlist they'd be batting 1.000, but they're actually only getting about .200. They don't explain how they do it, but I suspect it's that same technology we've seen before in other guises where there's some machine listening to the signal, doing some sort of analysis, and trying to match the results up with its database of songs.

chris
--
http://spacelabstudio.com
my email address is 'chris' at above domain