ch-scene - Re: Radio Stations across the country

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Rossi <nospam AT spacelabstudio.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Radio Stations across the country
  • Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 00:33:23 -0400

Chris Calloway wrote:
--- Chris Rossi <nospam AT spacelabstudio.com> wrote:
http://destoria.bootp.duke.edu/djspace/plmanager/world/currentplaylist_xdu.php

this and the xyc equivalent are amazingly useful.

questions:

whose work is this? yours? lisa's?

technically neither. it's something lisa and jason found that was already written somewhere. lisa put in many, many hours customizing the thing for wxdu, though, so it's definitely her baby at this point and she deserves a lot of credit for it. jason played a role as well. i have never touched the thing, myself. well, except to use it.

as i was looking at it, i refreshed (the xyc version
auto-refreshes) and it came back "dj offline." what's
the cause of this? is this thing optional for the dj
on duty?

yes. i imagine at some point it will be made manditory, but i don't know if there's a plan or a timeline for this. many people still hate computers and prefer pen and paper. i hate computers but prefer them to pen and paper. as does anyone who used to have to read my handwritten flowsheets. (according to stingy, i had the worst handwriting at wxdu.) (our version auto-refreshes too, btw.)

how far does the log roll back?

10 days. playlists are chunked by show, so when a new dj comes on air the current playlist starts over. there's a link on the front page to the last 10 days worth of playlists. there is also some additional stuff available to djs but we're not allowed to discuss that. ;)

chris
--
http://spacelabstudio.com
my email address is 'chris' at above domain