ch-scene - Radio Stations across the country

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Jeffrey Herrick <herrickjeffrey AT yahoo.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Radio Stations across the country
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 11:22:05 -0700 (PDT)

That is pretty neato.. but a cursory look at the WXDU playlists reveals that
they do not have most of the music we play in their data base.

Our number 2 album is not RUN DMC.. I think this service listens to a
station over the air and a computer recognizes the song if it is in their
database.

WXDU does have online playlists on the site.

http://destoria.bootp.duke.edu/djspace/plmanager/world/currentplaylist_xdu.php
sorry for the messy link. OR just go to wxdu.org

I believe WXYC, WKNC and probably the other stations you mentioned have
their own online playlists on their websites. So you can figure out what
was played probably with much more certainty than this yes.com thing..

Jeff

>>I have a strange feeling I've just fallen prey to some crafty viral
>marketing scheme but, yes,
>that is pretty cool. I like that info for WXYC, WXDU, WKNC and WHFS are
>all available
via this site. I was disappointed not to see WUAG or, my alma mater, WQFS.

I'm not a huge iTunes fan but, as I continue to lose brain cells at an
alarming rate, it'll be
nice to have a quick answer to those increasingly frequent "who was
that?" moments.

Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 14:26:29 -0400
From: "rick sawyer" <rickbang AT gmail.com>
To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Subject: Re: Radio Stations across the country

i'm not sure how yes came by all this information, but the actual
radio stations you listen to compile their playlists in real time and
comprehensively:

http://destoria.bootp.duke.edu/djspace/plmanager/world/currentplaylist_xdu.php
http://www.wxyc.info/playlists/recent.html
http://www.wknc.org/studio/