ch-scene - Re: Stuff to Do, Week of April 6, 2006

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Stuff to Do, Week of April 6, 2006
  • Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 09:52:07 -0400

Just to clarify: I'm *not* just making up shows that I wish I could see (although that's a fine idea! I'll betcha that for every 100 shows I invented, at least one or two of them might actually occur . . .). This show was (and still is) listed on the Reservoir website: http://www.reservoirbar.net/calendar.html

So if the listed bands aren't playing, I'd suggest that any other bands who want to play should just show up the night of the show.

xoxo

Ross

bendy wrote:
Alas, this gig ain't happening. But it would have been great!

Thursday, April 13
Blackstrap ( http://blackstrap.org ) , Dirty Little Heaters (
http://www.thedirtylittleheaters.com ) , Red Smokes White (
http://www.myspace.com/redsmokeswhite )
Reservoir, Carrboro

Red Smokes White (OK, I haven't seen 'em, and have only heard one or
two songs, but . . .) are doing a creaky/echoey/Waits-y
carnival-of-the-damned kind of thing. I think.

Dirty Little Heaters you should know by now: powerhouse drumming,
vocals every bit as big as the drums, and classic chukka-chukka
garage-rock guitar.

Blackstrap are Durham's answer to the Avengers, meaning the SF
punkrock band, not the 60s UK spy show.