ch-scene - Re: Stuff to Do, Week of April 6, 2006

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: bendy <bendy AT duke.edu>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Stuff to Do, Week of April 6, 2006
  • Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 09:12:44 -0400

Alas, this gig ain't happening. But it would have been great!

Thursday, April 13
Blackstrap ( http://blackstrap.org ) , Dirty Little Heaters (
http://www.thedirtylittleheaters.com ) , Red Smokes White (
http://www.myspace.com/redsmokeswhite )
Reservoir, Carrboro

Red Smokes White (OK, I haven't seen 'em, and have only heard one or
two songs, but . . .) are doing a creaky/echoey/Waits-y
carnival-of-the-damned kind of thing. I think.

Dirty Little Heaters you should know by now: powerhouse drumming,
vocals every bit as big as the drums, and classic chukka-chukka
garage-rock guitar.

Blackstrap are Durham's answer to the Avengers, meaning the SF
punkrock band, not the 60s UK spy show.