ch-scene - Re: best way to support artists?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Glenn Boothe / Local 506" <gboothe2 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: best way to support artists?
  • Date: 13 Feb 2006 14:45:22 -0800

I think you should buy music when you
a) have the money
b) find it available

Obviously, a is key, but i know there plenty times I plan to buy an
album but don't have the cash on me, and then, of course, something new
presents itself and the original purchase is out of mind. Or, I decide
to come back for that CD and it's gone.

Back to your A and B, I would NOT buy a CD from a band if they are
selling it for more than $12, and I see that at 506 from time to time.
Again, the band is cutting out not one but two middle men (distributor
and record store,) so for them to sell it higher than the local record
store, then they are the ones being greedy. I'd much rather support
the record store in that case.

glenn