ch-scene - Re: Tuesday Indie Rock at the Library and bigger issues

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Glenn Boothe / Local 506" <gboothe2 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Tuesday Indie Rock at the Library and bigger issues
  • Date: 4 Feb 2006 13:53:50 -0800

there's plenty. all of the bands playing our habitat benefit
apparently are (saunter, mowgli, the naturals with aforementioned
Sweater Weather.) 100 Yorktown and The Verdict have UNC members in
their bands. I don't check IDs of the bands, (or at the door if i can
help it) but these seem to draw a younger crowd: Starting Tuesday,
Nathan Asher, American Aquarium, Big Pretty and the Red Rockets,
Dirty5thirty, etc. There was a really good band that played the last
electric jam that seemed younger...i think they were called Tripp (but
i might be confusing their name with another band...there were a lot
that night.) Not all are so-called indie-rock, but it younger people
are willing to come see them at 506, then they must be somewhat
open-minded about music in general.

This is all of the top of my head...if a list were requested, i'd be
willing to dig it up. Of course, just book a couple of these bands and
you'll get inundated by their friends...trust me, i know...

in fact, maybe beth should get a student to help book the place...she
book the older band, they book the younger band. Heck, maybe I need to
do that...glenn