ch-scene - Re: Tuesday Indie Rock at the Library and bigger issues

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Reese Gibbs <rrgibbs53 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Tuesday Indie Rock at the Library and bigger issues
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 09:20:24 -0800 (PST)

I went to the Library last night to see The Spinns and The Future Kings of
No where - there were people there. I mean it wasn't packed but the
majority of people that were there were clearly out to see the bands. I
know this isn't the big issue but I just wanted you all to know -

trekky records <willhack15 AT gmail.com> wrote: i go to UNC and i can garuntee
that you will get more people out if
there is a "UNC" band on the bill. there are a few (although there
should be more). people will go out to see their friends. if you couple
a UNC band with a non-UNC, then those kids will be exposed to something
new and hopefully come back.