ch-scene - Re: Tuesday Indie Rock at the Library and bigger issues

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Tuesday Indie Rock at the Library and bigger issues
  • Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 15:58:17 -0500

I bet we'd find more if we widened the net out to include grad students, particularly of the "perpetually all-but-dissertation" variety . . .

Maybe what we really need around here is for the older bands to make some fucking new friends, since all their old friends got married and had kids & moved to Durham & never go out anymore.

xo

Ross

trekky records wrote:
Cities, Alvarez Painting, Sweater Weather, a new band called Heads
Down, Thumbs Up.

certainly not an abundance, but there are some.

sorry i replied with out reading the whole thread, so i'm going to
finish reading it and then i'll comment again.