ch-scene - Re: Kool Kar

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: John Iwaniszek <not AT hotmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Kool Kar
  • Date: 7 Mar 2005 14:01:13 GMT

ron thigpen wrote:

> Chris Calloway wrote:
>> --- mike AT mysterycircuits.com wrote:
>>
>>> parked in the little lot at the exit ramp (temporary junkyard?) on
>>> 15-501 and I-40?
>>
>> [...] Is this the lot of abandoned *stolen* cars? What's the deal.
>> Somebody's got to know more about what's going on here than I do.
>
> mind you, this is pure conjecture, but it may be that the tow truck guys
> who clear the abandoned/disabled cars off the freeway aren't the same
> tow truck guys who finish the job by hauling them to the local impound.
> in which case this could actually be a planned staging area.
>
> full of theories,
>
> --rt

You, know. That makes a lot of sense. I have seen similar accumulations of
uniformly crappy cars in areas on the Raleigh Beltline and at the 40/540
intersection.

Speaking of crappy cars/outsider art/Chapel Hill nutcases: Does anyone
remember seeing an old fairlane or some such vehicle driven by an elderly man
that always seemed to have a buch of bananas on the roof?

I used to see him around town in the early 90's and I pointed out to him that
he had bananas on his roof. He groused back that yes he knew it and that he
had a perfectt right to ride around with bananas on his roof.

I did not press the issue.