ch-scene - Re: Kool Kar

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Calloway <ifoufo AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Kool Kar
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 14:50:02 -0800 (PST)

--- mike AT mysterycircuits.com wrote:
> parked in the
> little lot at the exit ramp (temporary junkyard?) on
> 15-501 and I-40?

OK, I want to know what the deal is with that exit
ramp? What is it that prompts a great number of people
to abandon otherwise at least serviceable looking
automobiles there, and is that what is happening?
Every so often I see tow vehicles there carting off
the accumulated parking lot. These cars always seem
neatly parked in rows like there is some sort of plan
for this. And as soon as one bunch is towed off, the
next bunch starts collecting. I just don't get it.
When vehicles are abandoned, people are charged
storage fees. And if they don't pay them, the state
comes looking for you. So I can't believe this is just
the place where people come to abandon their cars,
especially when junkyards will usually pay $50 for you
to give a car to them. Is this the lot of abandoned
*stolen* cars? What's the deal. Somebody's got to know
more about what's going on here than I do.

3