ch-scene - Re: Kool Kar

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: John Iwaniszek <not AT hotmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Kool Kar
  • Date: 7 Mar 2005 14:36:17 GMT

wrote:

> Speaking of "Art Cars" - There is an artist in Athens GA who transforms
> peoples' cars to wild works of art when asked, I assume. They're pretty
> wild. I think often Hondas. I don't know the artist's name.
>
> Several years ago in Greenville, there was an old tow truck with a
> billion toys attached all over it. I guess he did it sometime around
> '85-'88, judging by the collection (taken into account the toys
> probably weren't taken out of the box new and then attached to
> vehicle.) But many of those Eighties toys go for quite a bit on ebay
> these days.
>
> For example:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4696&item=59585341
> 54&rd=1
>
> Who knew one's Transformers could pay for their college?
>
> -Mike Walters
> www.mysterycircuits.com

There were scenester-mobiles tooling around CH with baby-dolls and plastic
flowers glued to them in the 90's I always thought that they were way-cool.
They were the usual 500 dollar piece of crap that had no re-sale value and
were the ideal canvas/transport for the those economically handicapped by an
excess of youth and artistic vision.

But the man with bananas on his roof set the limit on one of the tails of the
normal distribution of whacko-to-brilliant.