ch-scene - Re: 23 Acts, 4 Stages = Sat Nite in Carrboro

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: James Hepler <jameshepler AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: 23 Acts, 4 Stages = Sat Nite in Carrboro
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 06:25:04 -0700 (PDT)

--- Mark Simonsen <fracas66 AT yahoo.com> wrote:

> Your band didn't make it onto the ballot? Maybe
> you didn't play in front of the right people. Maybe
> you didn't do enough leg work (running a band is
> hard work and takes a lot of time). Or maybe your
> band just plain sucks.

Did anyone else just break out laughing? Because I've
always had supreme confidence in my policy of
abducting people and forcing them into my rock shows.
It's the only way I've found that I can control who I
play in front of.

The post up to this point reminds me of a soccer
player who manages to dribble his way through crowds
of defenders only to have his shorts fall down before
he can score the goal.

> It's enough to make a person want to simply bid
> this listserve a fond farewell. (By the way- i have
> never heard your band should you actually have one
> so the statement about your band "sucking" is
> completely hypothetical).

Maybe your taste in music just sucks.

BTW, perfect segue:

http://www.youhavebadtasteinmusic.com

And I'll note, you can't stop the hate by hatin'.

Hep