ch-scene - Re: Ditch the guns II

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: James Hepler <jameshepler AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Ditch the guns II
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 06:13:53 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for replying back. I was hoping you would.
I'll visit the blog, but since the conversation is
happening here too, I feel that I should ask with all
due respect, is it fair for Bob Groves to shoulder the
burden of a community's distaste for gun violence?
Especially given that there is no established link
whatsoever that any gun he's sold has actually
contributed to said violence in our community?

Also, regarding the inner conflict you mentioned about
seeing movies at the Starlite. How exactly does this
inner conflict allow you to see movies, but not to buy
a sheet of plywood to rebuild the screen?

When activists decide to get active about something,
do they always think of the people who get caught up
in the crossfire? I'm gonna go rent Citizen Ruth now.

Hep