ch-scene - Re: I'M PISSED! You with me?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady AT ibiblio.org
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: I'M PISSED! You with me?
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 23:29:35 -0400

Smallest ever, actually: $14.

This year's the last year of Simple Taxes for me, though, as I finally own a house. At least I don't have any kids <shudder>.

I don't pretend to understand withholding or how it works, but I do know that for whatever reason, my employer has always withheld "too little" and I've had no real desire to correct it, as it has fallen below the threshold for paying penalties, and I've preferred to pay now rather than paying all year long. But I recognize that I'm in the minority on that.

Obviously, as Rick! pointed out, employers can apparently do whatever the hell they want to, withholding-wise. Have you talked to the payroll people at yr workplace (or other coworkers) find out if maybe somebody misread something & over-adjusted yr withholding?

So did you actually pay more in taxes this year on the same adjusted gross income than last year? Do you still have last year's tax tables to compare?

Ross

James Hepler wrote:

Was the check you just wrote larger, smaller, or about
the same as last year? You don't have to answer, of
course, as it's private.

I'm just saying, all things being equal year to year,
if you propose and pass tax relief, the last end
result should be ANYONE owing more money.