ch-scene - Re: Message to Ralph Nader

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: bendy <bendyatlostpladotnet AT example.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Message to Ralph Nader
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 17:43:29 -0400

grady AT ibiblio.org wrote:
> You gotta be able to drive a humvee while
packet-radio-networking a laptop and navigating via GPS in a blinding sandstorm.

Add in *while tailgating* and you've described the skill-set of a really annoying MBA from Phoneix.

I'm not saying that we don't need *something* to both reacquaint the
Youth of Today with the ideals of democracy, and/or to keep our public institutions accountable to the public.

institutions accountable to the public- that's what I'm dreaming about...

But to make such a thing
mandatory & universal would cost more than converting our healthcare system over to universal single-payer coverage, and require more infrastructure, and we live in an era of Smaller Government, remember?

You crush my little dreams. Our government has become so much smaller lately. I guess dispelling the newspeak and doublespeak has to come first. But there doesn't seem to be much interest in that.

bendy