ch-scene - Re: I'M PISSED! You with me?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady AT ibiblio.org
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: I'M PISSED! You with me?
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 11:32:06 -0400

Um, not to stand in the way of righteous indignation, but if your withholding was lowered, doesn't that mean you already *had* the money, and spent it? Are you actually angry at the government for letting you invest your own money and collect interest, rather than letting them invest it and keep the interest for themselves?

And when you noticed your withholding had been lowered, did you call payroll and say "hey, can you bump that back a notch, I don't want an April Surprise?"

Ross "written a check every april since I started paying taxes" Grady

James Hepler wrote:

Anyone out there owe to the IRS for the first time?
Maybe owe more than usual?

The money I was hoping to get from the IRS this year
was supposed to go towards my incredible vet bills,
instead I owe $900. And I can trace the problem back
to its source.
H.R. 2, the tax cut bill passed by both house and
senate on May 23 2003. They lowered mine and Ann's
withholding to the point where we owe money for the
first time since we started filing jointly.
NOTHING has changed since past years except my
withholding. Everything else is accounted for.
Am I the only one who got hit with this? The reason I
ask is that I'm taking action the only way I know how.
COMPLAINING ON THE INTERNET. If anyone has madd
webskills and wants to help me, please let me know. I
plan to create a website which puts faces to all the
names of our representatives who chose for me to owe
money under the guise of tax relief. Considering some
of those names, I need to really try to make this
stick.

Jones, Burr, Coble, Hayes, Myrick, Ballenger, and
Taylor are on notice, and I will not have forgotten by
2006 when Dole's head is on the block.

Yaaaaarrrrrrrrgh,

Hep