ch-scene - Re: cradle & hoops

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: James Hepler <jameshepler AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: cradle & hoops
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 08:09:22 -0800 (PST)

--- naught AT nil.com wrote:
> Rawls <jcmidrange AT yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Does the Cat's Cradle have a TV? I have tickets
> >> the Tift show on
> >> Saturday and a potentially conflicting desire to
> >>watch my alma mater
> >> UConn beat up on Duke. Can I have it both ways?
>
> > CAC
> >
> > It's been a while since I was at the Cradle
> when
> > a big game was on that I was interested in
> > (Lakers/Kings playoff game two years ago, Lakers
> beat
> > the Queens). I think the big screen tv in the
> back
> > looks fine.
>
> I just played there a few months back, and the TV to
> the right of the bar was almost
> impossible to watch. Maybe there's another one they
> didn't have on?

It's really because of the angle. Those big screen
tv's were designed for straight on looking. Having to
look up at that kind of angle at that kind of TV is
just bad news.

Anyone remember tha night Yo La Tengo played while UNC
was in the final four? THey wouldn't allow the game
to be watched while they played. OF course, I wasn't
there anyway. Priorities.

Hep