ch-scene - Re: cradle & hoops

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Rawls <jcmidrange AT yahoo.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: cradle & hoops
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 14:22:51 -0800 (PST)

> Does the Cat's Cradle have a TV? I have tickets to
> the Tift show on
> Saturday and a potentially conflicting desire to
>watch my alma mater
> UConn beat up on Duke. Can I have it both ways?
CAC

It's been a while since I was at the Cradle when
a big game was on that I was interested in
(Lakers/Kings playoff game two years ago, Lakers beat
the Queens). I think the big screen tv in the back
looks fine.

11 years ago, the night the Heels were in the
final against Michigan, Mudhoney played the Cradle.
The Cradle didn't have a tv then, but that night Frank
found a little black and white tv. During the
Supersuckers I watched the game, no volume on the tv
of course, but when Weber called the time out his team
didn't have, I was able to figure it out when Carolina
went to the free throw line with no defenders around
(it was Phelps who shot them right?). Plus I didn't
have to be subjected to Billy Packer questioning why
Dean Smith was resting his starters in the second half
(you couldn't ask for Scott Cherry to have done
more)...when it was over I bolted down Franklin St for
the chaos and made it back in plenty of time to see a
very underwhelming Mudhoney set (I ran into Mark Arm
in the bathroom right before he went on stage and he
was really really intoxicated, my urging of him to
join me in singing the UNC fight song only made it one
verse but he followed alright at first....).

Rawls