ch-scene - Re: Psycho

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: kenandbethmosher <snz AT mindspring.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Psycho
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 15:28:04 GMT

i was shocked when i saw it. i actually lived there when i was a student and
when it was the russian house (friend and i painted the red mailbox when we
moved in:-) it was really an amazing house and only needed, at the time
(1991-ish) some plumbing and electrical renovation as the structure was quite
sound. the old wood paneling was exquisite. as i remember, it was built
around the 20's (definitely that style) so i would have thought that it could
be historically protected. there was a goldfish pond that we
uncovered-probably hadn't been tended in about 15 years at the time and these
beautiful giant japanese goldfish were still thriving after being covered in
years of leaf piles.
poor little fish-after surviving all of that i guess they finally met their
end with a bulldozer.
ironically, i was just about to take some friends new to town over for the
'check where i used to live' tour and saw the carnage...nice.
beth turner-mosher