ch-scene - Empathy for the Bloggers & Trolls

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Six Seven <sixseven AT yesh.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Empathy for the Bloggers & Trolls
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 15:32:20 -0500

FYI
Internet Troll - "On the Internet, a troll is a person who posts messages that create controversy or an angry response without adding content to the discussion, often intentionally.."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

[ I'm not trying to be a smarty pants here...this definition and url is just for people who don't already know. ]

>> Well you may or may not have a point. One mans troll is another mans fish? :)
I kinda have a point....my goal though was to inspire some empathy for peoples "homes" on the web. I see blogs and websites like peoples personal living rooms. You can come over and bring something to the conversation. But because this is *someone else's* living room and not *yours* the person who lives there can tell you to leave if they wish.

The only way I can see you can *truly* counter this is to make your own blog, invite people over, and seeing if they'll stay around when you kick them out for writing something you don't like.

-Brian

yes. Thats how it works mostly. Moveable Type. I wish I knew how to hack it. I'd have alot more fun using aliases. (is that what a troll does??) d:(

Harvey Gannt ? just posted.

http://www.thestudyofdesign.com/NC/