ch-scene - Re: Blogging

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: philipayers AT yahoo.com (My friend Phil said,)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Blogging
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 03:03:15 -0000

..when I first hit on this NG I thought of it as a fun place where
reasonably intelligent people talked, said funny and sometimes even
enlighten things. Not that that was the point. I was pretty much of a
troll to start but as time went on I got to enjoy some of the voices
I heard here and I listened. Most of those are gone...I think, even
though they may lurk still (hello).. I don't read amch much any more
because I don't have access to usenet except through Google and that
sucks, but I still like to waste time with pointless stuff so I've
been reading blogs lately. amch used to be MUCH better and I miss
that. I guess with bush stealing the election, 9-11, the recession,
and lots of people working, and then the war, things just didn't seem
that funny anymore. It does seem rather dead these days from what I
see on Google. So I have been reading blogs. I find some of these to
be so interesting but irritating and some so lame in a self absorbed
napole-o-manical kinda way, that It makes me wonder what this is all
about? It's like everyone's doing a diary and instead of locking it in
the top drawer at night they put it on the web for everyone to read!
I find some so pathetic as to make me literally ill. and some very
funny even if in a pathetic way as well. I've come accross none that
inspire respect, few worthy of no scorn, many that bore, but many that
remain interesting for the information on stuff I've never thought
about, and -should not- think about. Basically the form seems suspect
and a degradation if not educational and informative.
One of the most interesting things I noticed in blogs is how many
bloggers seem to be Dean supporters. Have no idea or theory about why
this is but it seems to be true. However, Dean admitted he had "no
idea what a blog is".

news:<20040114212504.38983.qmail AT web14308.mail.yahoo.com>...