ch-scene - Re: Blogging

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: jason AT nc.rr.com (Jason M. Sullivan)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Blogging
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 20:43:42 GMT

In article <20040114175330.97153.qmail AT web60506.mail.yahoo.com>,
5er , martin <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org> wrote:

>i remember when alt.music.chapel-hill used to be
>everyone's blog...i knew what was going on with ruby,
>sp8, todd, adam, holly, claire, nate, bo, tim, grady,
>3.2.3, igou, ian, riser...and draxx...etc etc etc ...

"And oh when I'm old and wise
Bitter words mean little to me
Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time
When they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine"

(wipes tear from eye)

But seriously, if someone has a major woodrow for making sure that all the
old guard continue to be heard in a.m.c-h, despite their current bloggish
nature, we could always cobble together a gateway (shudder) with an RSS
feed (double shudder), to make sure that everyone who's fled the rough and
tumble world of usenet for a place where you can simply delete anyone who
objects to what you say (if you even let them object at all).

However, the proccess of deciding who gets fed into a.m.c-h will only
renforce the myth of the a.m.c-h cabal (there is no cabal).

Jason "I really like blogs but I also like usenet,
and sometimes post the same thing to both,
because I, like, care and shit." Sullivan

--
//// Jason M. SULLIVAN jsullivan AT nc.rr.com
|c-oo http://www.jason0x21.org
\_- "That's not music, that's just sound!" - J. David Fries