ch-scene - RE: Les Paul over IP

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Kevin Darbro" <kdarbro AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: Les Paul over IP
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 13:30:22 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Evan Rowe [mailto:evanrowe AT fastmail.fm]
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 11:53 AM
To: Chapel Hill Music Lovers

Every time I go into a Guitar Center-type store I can't tell if
A-these are fads, e.g. headless guitars and double-locking tremolo
systems, or

--------------

Hey, I still have my Steinberger M Series Headless Trans Trem guitar
awaiting the fad revolution! Actually, they are still available:

http://www.musicyo.com/product_specs.asp?pf_id=253 (without the trans trem)

http://www.edromanguitars.com/featured/headless.htm (other weird headless
guitars)

http://www.edromanguitars.com/avail/guitar/avail_stb.htm (and the original
US made pre-Gibson buyout fad guitars)

-------------

<snip>

All that said, there's some situations where a guitar signal sync'd to a
midi clock might be useful. Has anyone done anything like that? Just
wondering.

--------------

Yep: http://www.rlinndesign.com/01products/adrenalinn.html

I messed around with one last year at a store in Nashville. It was kind of
fun, but not my thing, I guess.

As for digital guitar stuff, I've got a Pod 2, and find it great for quickly
recording an idea into the computer for later development, but still prefer
micing up my Super Reverb with an SM57 and cranking it up for "real"
recording.

- Kevin

-- ch-scene: the mailing list that mirrors a.m.c-h --
http://webmail8.isis.unc.edu:81/read/?forum=ch-scene