ch-scene - Re: Les Paul over IP

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: domcasualties AT yahoo.com (Jamie McLendon)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Les Paul over IP
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 14:02:59 -0000

> Hey, I still have my Steinberger M Series Headless Trans Trem guitar
> awaiting the fad revolution!

It's coming, just wait. Then you'll be able to put it on ebay and
retire. When I saw the Handsome Family a couple of years back, the
wife of the couple was playing a headless bass. I thought that for a
country-death-song-type musical unit, that took some real balls.

> As for digital guitar stuff, I've got a Pod 2, and find it great for quickly
> recording an idea into the computer for later development, but still prefer
> micing up my Super Reverb with an SM57 and cranking it up for "real"
> recording.

And I find my 1990 General Electric Answering Machine and a can of
pennies (to hold down the "Memo" button) still offer me the best value
for getting my ideas down on tape. ;)

Happy Ought-four everyone,
Jamie