ch-scene - FW--dean fundraiser at ringside 12/30 featuring go machine

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: kevin maxwell farmer <kevin.farmer AT att.net>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: FW--dean fundraiser at ringside 12/30 featuring go machine
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:50:36 GMT

i forward this at the request of jonathan blackwell. *please*--if you
decide to attend, pay with your credit card using the link below, or
bring your checkbook to the event. cash donations are *strongly*
discouraged.

plus, i think i am working the door, and if you try to pay with cash you
will make me very cross indeed!

-kevin, formerly blandings

Hello to those dedicated to domestic democracy!

I announce a happening that will get your seratonin simmering:

The second fundraiser for Gov. Howard Dean, MD at Ringside, home of the
best party in town is on New Year's Eve's Eve, December 30th!

The last event on July 31st was a total success, raising close to
$5,000, with live music by The Sames. This new party is presented as the
Primo Piatto to July's Antipasta.

Live music my go*machine sets the climate perfectly for internationally
minded attention to the potential richness of life. Here are reviews of
their music from www.gomachinemusic.com:

"GO MACHINE is epically unafraid of sonic risk, implanting turntable,
Theremin, and violin escapades ... amidst refrains that are almost too
memorable, leaving one absolutely breathless!"
~The Independent Weekly

"With well-received discs by Radiohead, Grandaddy and Broken Social
Scene already making this a great year for brave pop music, GO MACHINE's
sad-eyed country-electro-rock fusion should not be overlooked. This is
excellent stuff that doesn't deserve to be underground for much longer.
~www.splendidezine.com

The fundraising goal for the December 30th party is set at $1000. We can
hit this mark with everyone's support, and there's no need to wait!

To give with a credit card or register for the event, visit:

http://www.deanforamerica.com/site/TR?fr_id=1282&pg=personal&px=1706131

I look forward to seeing all of you there, (if not at Ringside Sat, Dec
20th for the Lineaist artshow and FAME "Naughty or Nice" Christmas Party!)

Continued thanks and holiday cheer,
Jonathan Blackwell

  • FW--dean fundraiser at ringside 12/30 featuring go machine, kevin maxwell farmer, 12/30/2003