cc-uk - Re: [Cc-uk] collecting societies and creative commons

  • From: Bernard Hurley <bernard AT fong-hurley.org.uk>
  • To: cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-uk] collecting societies and creative commons
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 22:13:26 +0100

Hello All,

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 09:53:33AM +0100, Paul Brindley - MusicAlly wrote:
> Just to clarify - it is only the PRS (which administers the performing
> right) which takes an assignment of rights, not the MCPS (which administers
> mechanical rights). So there is an issue with existing PRS members who wish
> to avail themselves of this scheme.

This is interesting. I was under the impression that the PRS considered
assignment of rights neccessary for them to be able to function effectively.
However if the MCPS does not require this then may be this is not the case.
Or is there some crucial difference between administering performance and
mechanical rights?

Regards

Bernard