cc-uk - RE: [Cc-uk] collecting societies and creative commons

  • From: "Paul Brindley - MusicAlly" <Paul AT MusicAlly.com>
  • To: "Edward Barrow" <edward AT copyweb.co.uk>, <cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [Cc-uk] collecting societies and creative commons
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:53:33 +0100

Just to clarify - it is only the PRS (which administers the performing
right) which takes an assignment of rights, not the MCPS (which administers
mechanical rights). So there is an issue with existing PRS members who wish
to avail themselves of this scheme.

I do a fair amount of business with the MCPS-PRS Alliance and I get the
impression they're pretty supportive as Edward suggests of whatever creators
want to do with their work and would wish to co-operate with the CC scheme.
Could I suggest that someone 'official' from the list contact the Alliance
to get a dialogue going? The first point of contact should be Adrian
Crookes, their external PR manager who can be contacted on 020 73064230 or
adrian.crookes AT mcps-prs-alliance.co.uk.