cc-uk - RE: [Cc-uk] collecting societies and creative commons

  • From: "Bernard Horrocks" <bhorrocks AT npg.org.uk>
  • To: <cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Cc-uk] collecting societies and creative commons
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 13:16:04 +0100

I would have thought this might indeed be the case. I'll try to find some
more concrete info. Collecting societies are, of course, exactly that -
collecting revenue that results from both commercial and non-commercial use
of their clients' works, via primary or secondary licences. What would they
get out of signing up to a CC licence? - Nothing, however frustrating it is
for those of us who would like to 'cut out the intermediaries'!

Bernard Horrocks