cc-nz - Re: [Cc-nz] It's all about google!

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: strypes <strypey AT riseup.net>
  • To: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-nz] It's all about google!
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 17:09:02 +1200

Kia ora

Yes, this is unlike Google, who are usually quite forward in their
support for platform choice, for example their use of the Jabber
standard for their GTalk instant messaging system. They are no great
allies of Micro$oft either, so this release of Chrome on Windows only is
strange.

It might have something to do with the face that the Chrome comic was
leaked before time. Launch may have been intended to take place when
cross-platform work was done.

Na
Strypey

--
“To use proprietary software is to invite the developer to put his boot
on your neck. It’s power that nobody should have.”

http://www.creativecommons.org.nz
http://www.indymedia.org.nz