cc-mixter - Re: [cc-mixter] [ccMixter] Can I upload samples from Sony libraries?

cc-mixter AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: This list is OBSOLETE and ignored

  • From: Jon Phillips <jon AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: lucas AT gonze.com, This is "the primary list for discussing and administrating ccmixter.org." <cc-mixter AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-mixter] [ccMixter] Can I upload samples from Sony libraries?
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 13:41:39 -0800

On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 11:34 -1000, Lucas Gonze wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Dec 2005, Victor wrote:
> > Samples and sample packages are the life blood of the music industry.
> > Avoiding them, just on principle seems arbitrarily limiting -- why use
> > electricity when it's possible to make music without it?
>
> Sure. And making sample packages is the kind of grunt work that people
> don't do for free. It's honest labor that you do to make a buck.
>
> Still, I've been avoiding them because that's the kind of nazi I am. It's
> interesting and useful to learn that you and other people who know the
> issues well have already thought about this and decided to do it anyway.
>
> If I did make a package of guitar samples under a free license, would it
> be useful?

Yes!!!! Totally!!!

I have been talking to various musican friends like Matmos, etc, and
there biggest need is with high quality samples...the same goes with
many DJs I know...they want high quality samples, and come to ccmixter
and can't find that many, so they turn to the sample libraries.

Jon

--
Jon Phillips
jon AT creativecommons.org