cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] derivatives and source

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] derivatives and source
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 18:23:00 -0400

On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 22:11:42 +0200, Francesco Poli
<invernomuto AT paranoici.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 10:13:21 -0400 drew Roberts wrote:
>
>> On Monday 09 April 2012 04:58:37 Francesco Poli wrote:
> [...]
>> > I don't think the GNU GPL lacks any useful "protection" (whatever that
>> > may mean) for photos or images. Hence I respectfully disagree with your
>> > concerns.
>>
>> You may not think so, but it does. As has been discussed at great length on
>> these lists for years. BY-SA 3.0 lacks the same protection
> [...]
>> of making such comments. Then you will at least know what it may mean.
>
> It would save me a great amount of time, if you could provide one or
> two links to previous message(s) where your arguments are summarized.
> It would be really appreciated.

And it would probably take me as much time as it would save you. So I
am going to do something else for now.

On The Need For A Stronger Copyleft For BY-SA 4.x
http://zotzbro.blogspot.com/2012/01/ontheneedforastrongercopyleftforby-sa4x.html

Stronger Attribution-Share Alike For Photos & Illustrations
http://zotzbro.blogspot.com/2011/04/strongerbysaforphotos.html

Hopefully that will get the ball rolling for you.

I will try and find time in the next few weeks to do the research into
the mail archives and post the results in a new blog post.

Related / possibly off topic posts:

One Reason To Choose A Strong Copyleft License Over A Public Domain
Dedication / Release
http://zotzbro.blogspot.com/2011/04/strongcopyleftvspd.html

Copyright Questions
http://zotzbro.blogspot.com/2010/12/copyright-questions.html

Care about FreeArt?
http://zotzbro.blogspot.com/2010/10/care-about-freeart.html

If You Have Something *Important* To Say, Set It Free!
http://zotzbro.blogspot.com/2010/07/if-you-have-something-important-to-say.html

Dirty Words
http://zotzbro.blogspot.com/2010/01/dirty-words.html

Is Copyright Dangerous To Democracy?