cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Enough please (was Re: Some basic agreements?)

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Benj. Mako Hill" <mako AT atdot.cc>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Enough please (was Re: Some basic agreements?)
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 11:07:17 -0500

<quote who="Evan Prodromou" date="Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 12:36:30PM +0000">
> I would be embarrassed to discuss this any longer when we've been
> asked to stop several times.
>
> The people who actually make decisions about the CC licenses haven't
> been participating in this conversation for months.

James and I only raised the issue again because we were afraid that
people didn't understand or know about the issue and that if more
people heard about it, they might take the time to be heard. That
hasn't happened but our continuation of the discussion was in good
faith.

> The last thing they're doing is reading 50 posts a day from you and
> me.

Your positions, and those of the all current participants, are
abundantly clear. They also have failed to change significantly in
months.

More importantly perhaps, there's consensus among active participants
in recent discussion on the way to proceed from here. It seem obvious
that parallel distribution is contentious enough that it's inclusion
in the 3.0 licenses would be inappropriate.

I know Mia wants to get new license drafts out the door soon and this
continuing discussion is not helping with that. Since there's no
disagreement on what to do, let's help her do that.

This will my last message to this list on parallel distribution for
this round of license drafts. I'll be happy to continue discussions
with anybody interested off list.

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill
mako AT atdot.cc

Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so
far as society is free to use the results. --RMS