cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Restricting Derivative Works

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Peter Brink <peter.brink AT brinkdata.se>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Restricting Derivative Works
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 15:16:07 +0200

It seems that your prime objective is to safeguard the integrity of the information on your wiki. If that is the case then you should not use a CC-license or any other open document open source license. You will never be able to fully control the integrity of your information if you allow people to re-distribute your document(s). If I were you I'd contact a IPR lawyer and write up an agreement between you and your contributors that allows you to control the set of documents that your wiki is made up of while allowing the contributors to retain the copyright to their contributions.

/Peter Brink