cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Creative Commons licenses cause a problem

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Ali Baba <mail.alibaba AT free.fr>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Creative Commons licenses cause a problem
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 23:20:54 +0200

engage in a (rational) discussion of a license to allow for a kind of
access that would both protect the authors and enable legitimate
research use. So far, no discussion, rational or otherwise, has ensued.

I think you have severely misexpressed yourself. You should not have begun by a statement "CC licences cause a big problem", which is certainly the best way to put people here on the defensive, not to invite them to think constructively about your issue. Besides, 90% of your text explains "why CC is bad", and only one small phrase in the last part hints about thinking on a new licence. That does not really sound as a proposition for a constructive debate, so I'm sure you can understand why it has received this kind of replies. You should have put your request at the core of your mail, because here it sounded more like a "by the way" than like a "my purpose with this mail is".

It might also have helped had you put something like a "hi all" at the beginning and a "thank you" at the end of your text ;-)

I hope that this communication issue is now solved and that someone might help you to solve your problem.

Thanks.