cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Creative Commons licenses cause a problem

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Creative Commons licenses cause a problem
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 15:43:47 -0400

On Monday 05 June 2006 03:29 pm, Ali Baba wrote:
> > Like I said, I really don't understand the issue. If they can use all
> > of the
> > "ARR" works on the net legally, surely they can use all of the CC
> > works no
> > matter what the actual license.
>
> Maybe they just can't use ARR works, so they would like to use CC
> works instead, but found that the great majority of these are just as
> unuseable as ARR works. But then, why not also complain about ARR
> works? I think the reason is: because in this case there is nobody to
> complain to.

That certainly could be. From the original post:

"We go to the web to find texts
that can be included in the corpus--especially fiction, but also
blogs and anything else we can find"

that sounds like they are using the web in general, and hence my original
question. I can imagine meanings, but I want to know what they think.

> Pretty simple, you see. Which doesn't make it rational -- but who said
> people always act rationally, again? ;-)

If your take is correct, this is certainly true. ~;-)

http://www.ourmedia.org/node/145261
Record a song and you might win $1,000.00
http://www.ourmedia.org/user/17145