cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Fwd: Re: Discussion Draft - Proposed License Amendment to Avoid Content Ghettos in the Commons

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: wiki_tomos <wiki_tomos AT inter7.jp>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Fwd: Re: Discussion Draft - Proposed License Amendment to Avoid Content Ghettos in the Commons
  • Date: 19 Nov 2005 10:46:21 +0900

I basically agree j lipszyc's answer to Daniel.

What Wikipedia says is this, as I understand:
- if your work is under GFDL with Invariant Sections, then we do not
accept your material. Not every GFDL'd work is accepted, after all.
- Our materials remain free of Invariant Sections as long as they are
hosted on our system.
- You use of Wikipedia work in other contexts should follow GFDL. We
did not put any Invariant Sections, but you can, to the extent GFDL
allows it.

Tomos