cc-licenses - Re: Proposal for a new kind of CC license -

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Takemoto" <tim AT yamaguchi-u.ac.jp>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Proposal for a new kind of CC license -
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 18:23:05 +0900

As we have seen with open source, when the right licence exists
there is a lot of sharing, and that means a lot of benefit for a lot of
people. To succeed a licence has to reward those that take part
to the right extent.

I don't think that the licences have got there yet when it comes to
the sharing of written words. If they had, then I think that we would
see a lot more books with CC type licences.

I think that a similar licence, perhaps an "only for streaming" licence,
or "only for computers" licence, might provide an incentive for
more musicians to allow their music to become available for free.

Tim