cc-licenses - Re: CC & other forms of IP -- puzzled

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: nono2sco <nono2sco AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: CC & other forms of IP -- puzzled
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 10:41:22 -0800 (PST)

It is a very slippery slope and the web of various
laws, licenses, interactions and interpetations of the
same are almost infinite. Then if you have people
attaching their own requirements to existing licenses
it only complicates things more.

This may be old news, but I still find Lessig's
description of this mess very enlightening.

http://www.zmetro.com/archives/001017.php

nono

http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=04/11/04/1812211