cc-licenses - Re: CC & other forms of IP -- puzzled

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Johannes Ernst <jernst+lists.ibiblio.org AT netmesh.us>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: CC & other forms of IP -- puzzled
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 08:31:18 -0800

Here are some options:
1) explicitly state that CC licenses only deal with copyright, and no other IP rights are affected (e.g. no license is granted to trademarks, patents)
2) add another configuration category for other IP rights, with choices such as 1) no rights are granted, 2) non-commercial use of trademarks, patents 3) use of trademarks, patents but only if ShareAlike, 4) commercial use, ...