cc-licenses - Re: CC & other forms of IP -- puzzled

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: evan AT wikitravel.org
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: CC & other forms of IP -- puzzled
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 21:04:34 -0500

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 11:10:02AM +0000, Rob Myers wrote:

> >Sadly, this section was removed in the 2.0 versions, to appease
> >bloggers, "samplers", and other people who are sloppy about clearing
> >rights on their work.
>
> Well we did try. :-/

Yes, we did. It would be nice to hear the status on adding a optional
representation license element, which was one of the ideas GOB
floated.

I think having no-representation as the default is fine. Having no way
to say, "I'm sure this is my work" is lame.

W/R/T moral rights: lalalalalala I'm not listening. I really don't
want to think about anyone responsible for writing Creative Commons
licenses even thinking for a second that preservation of moral rights
is at all compatible with a healthy creative commons (lowercase). Said
people need to re-read _Free Culture_ VERY SLOWLY until they get the
point that getting authors' permission is really, really difficult.

~ESP