cc-licenses - Re: CC & other forms of IP -- puzzled

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: nono2sco <nono2sco AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: CC & other forms of IP -- puzzled
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 07:35:50 -0800 (PST)

Hi Rob,

Moral rights may prove interesting as it appears when
the US became a member of Berne in 1989 we didn't
really adopt article 6bis but relied on 17 U.S.C.
ยง106A (VARA) to provide what conress felt was the
equivalent.

Some good links:

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/property/library/moralprimer.html

http://www.cyberlawsa.co.za/cyberlaw/cybertext/chapter2.htm

http://www.rbs2.com/moral.htm

Makes for very interesting reading and it will be good
to see similar text make it into the CCL.

nono