cc-europe - [Cc-europe] follow-up to our letter

  • From: Paul Keller <pk AT kl.nl>
  • To: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-europe] follow-up to our letter
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 18:07:31 +0200

dear all,

just wanted to give you a little bit of an update regarding the follow up to our letter. there have been informal positive reactions by both james and joi to the letter (sent to those who had signed the letter, will forward both of them to the list). both of them do not contain any concrete actions or reactions, which is unsurprising some of the issues that had adressed will probably need to be adressed at the cc board level. there is a cc board meeting in june (not sure about the exact dates) and i guess we will have a more formal reaction after that.

In addition to this there has also been a meeting between some cci project leads (melanie, renata and myself) with senior cc staff (mike, john w., ahrash, catharina and diane) just before the berkman@10 conference 10 days ago in boston. this meeting was unrelated to the letter (it was more or less spontaneously organized when we realized that all of us would be there for the berkman conference) but focussed on more or less the same issues adressed by the letter. We got the impression that many of the points raised by us are to some degree shared by cc-staff. This seems to be particularly the case regarding the transparency and predictability issue. Mike will send the notes of this meeting to the cci mailing list shortly.

Given the above there we will probably have a lot to discuss at the next cc-europe meeting. hopefully we will have a formal reply to our letter by then and we will also need to discuss how we want to move this process forward to the isummit and ensure that cc-projects from outside europe reamin involved in it....

all the best,
paul
--
Kennisland | Knowledgeland
t: +31 20 5756720 | m: +31 6 41374687

  • [Cc-europe] follow-up to our letter, Paul Keller, 05/25/2008