baslinux - Re: [BL] Best mplayer

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Best mplayer
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 07:18:37 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 20:14:52 +0000 (UTC)
baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

> I hope Ron can figure out runtime cpu detection but can live without ogg
> and aacp.

Sindi,
The attempted runtime detection on the source I used (and any newer
sources) exited with the message of libraries not found, in both SW9 and
SW10. I have to say I am not going to muck around with my functional SW
installations just to create an MPlayer that I don't need. Life is too short !

Besides, I am not a skilled performer in this game. It was just blind
luck that I used a source version in an existing SW distro that actually
worked. I tried enabling a GUI - it exited with errors. I tried runtime
detection - it exited with errors. I tried with neither of those enabled - it
produced an MPlayer and Mencoder that run on my systems - that is an end to
it.

I offered what I have, that works for me. It may work for others, it
may not.

I say again, if you want to have a go, then I can put the sources up on
my website - you may try it yourself. Or you can get newer sources from the
MPlayer website. I wish you luck. :)

Regards,
Ron

--