baslinux - Re: [BL] Best mplayer

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Best mplayer
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 04:56:12 +0000 (UTC)

Or can it be compiled for i586?

I don't know, I don't have such a machine.

You don't need to compile it ON an older machine.
I compiled for my 1998 laptops on my 2003 desktop.

I configured (with runtime cpu identification) and then
hand edited config.mak to replace i686 and i486 with i586,
which made it slightly larger but it still works on i686.

I compiled it on my 600 MHz machine, running SW9. It did NOT compile on
the same machine running BL2 (SW7).

I could not compile recent versions with SW81 gcc (or 0.93 with
SW11 gcc but the earlier gcc worked).

Did you get ogg working as well as aacp and the video formats?

Yes, it plays .ogg, both audio files and video files. (ogg vorbis and
ogg theora).

Congratulations. I suppose it helps to have a full slackware when you compile.